Pages

Monday, June 06, 2011

What is it about luminosity!?

Should you, or shouldn't you highlight your face? What kind of highlighter to use? When is it too much? Do we even need to pile on more makeup on our face?

I suppose it's all based on personal choice.  I cannot live without my highlighter, and I don't even wear a full face of makeup every day.  I do not like to wear foundation. There, I said it, it's out there, I don't like it.  Liquid foundation on my face, makes me want to choke to death.  

I wear a mineral foundation by Bella Pierre in the color Latte.  I've tried Bare Minerals, don't like it.  Great coverage and everything, but I can feel it sitting on my skin and it kills me.  Bella Pierre's mineral foundation, it's full coverage (teeny tiny bit goes a long way) and I don't feel it therefore I love it. MAC mineral skin finish natural I've also tried, I liked it. 

Ok, back to the point, highlighting.  Your skin should look healthy, it's what makes you look healthy.  It's not about being superficial and shallow.  Any sign of sickness or unhealthiness in any way, shows up on your skin, so even if you are sick, no one says you have to look like you are.......Know what I mean??

So yea, you should use a highlighter or an illuminator.  I use Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer. It has a tiny bit of shimmer in it, evens out your skin and makes it glow, its great stuff. A light dust of my foundation over that. Some natural looking blush is good. Highlight the cheek bones, and you're done.  You have skin that looks like you get 10 hours of sleep a night, and your life is perfect. No one needs to know that it's not ;)

I feel like the more products I use on my skin, the more damage I cause.  So I like to keep it simple, I try to keep my skin clean, and free of chemicals that it just doesn't need.

Smile a lot, even if you don't feel like it. It goes really well with luminous skin ;)

There's a Part 2: Luminosity Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment